Growing up, you thought your local dentist’s only available services were teeth removal, cleaning, dental filling, and bracing. Have you ever considered that maybe more dental services are readily available, but your dentist never discussed it with you before? If your teeth are damaged, and you don’t want to opt for tooth extraction, at that point, do not hesitate to continue reading as we note down more dental services that will help you attain that perfect set of teeth.
Replacement of Missing Teeth
- Dentures – whatever the age, full or partial dentures are for everybody. You should not be embarrassed just because dentures are usually related to older folks. Dentures are one of the most procurable and cost-effective dental alternatives for teeth replacement. Do note that it may take time to become used to its detachable use as it hinges on your gums. The dentist will take a mold of your teeth and, by using this impression, will they design artificial teeth that will resemble the actual ones.
- Dental Implant – unlike dentures, this procedure will be undetachable and permanent. Your licensed dentist will surgically implant a metal screw into your jawbone. However, it may take months for the bone tissues to fuse with the implant. After it does, they will fit a crown onto the screw, and your teeth will be just as good as new.
- Bridges – this is one of the fastest and most straightforward means to replace a missing tooth. They will fit an artificial tooth into the gap before anchoring it to the most adjacent teeth on its sides. Bridges can be comfier than dentures.
Restoration of Chipped Teeth
- Bonding – this is one of the most budget-friendly and fastest methods to take care of minimal chips on your teeth. To make your teeth look undamaged, your dentist will use a composite resin and mold it on your affected tooth by forming the resin to make it look smooth and even.
- Veneer – this is a longer-lasting alternative aside from bonding. A veneer can be your next choice if the chip is more extensive and widespread. Ensure that the rear of your teeth is still there so that they can construct the veneer over the remaining healthy teeth to cover the front tooth, giving it a very smooth and natural result.
- Dental Crowns – these might be similar to veneer as they both use porcelains, but crowns wrap up the whole tooth. If only a tiny part of the tooth remains, crowns are the most effective option if the remaining tooth is still healthy and the nerves undamaged.
Remedies of Uneven Teeth
- Invisalign – instead of metal braces, you will wear a clear plastic brace in this therapy. In addition, you can even remove the invisible braces if you desire but see that you follow your dentist’s plan on how long you need to use them. The outcome is even the like the traditional braces for straightening teeth.
Smile Without Worries
Understanding the dental services available in your local dentistry opens new possibilities for your dental plans. Depending on how extreme or far gone the damages on your teeth are, remember this list of dental services, and you will bid farewell to awkward smiles.